Both the Glocester Manton Library and the Harmony Library have a long history of service to the community.
The Glocester Manton Library, opened in 1847 once shared its space with the Glocester Police Department and Town Hall. It is now fully renovated with state-of-the-art technology services and a variety of books, audiobooks, DVDs, music CDs, and public programs.
The Harmony Library began as a few small shelves in the Harmony Fire Station on Route 44, later crossed the street to space in the former Adah Hawkins School, and in the 1960s, the library moved next door to a new building.
Today, the Harmony Library's services equals or exceeds library services offered by larger libraries, due to generous donations by the Champlins Foundation and generous Glocester residents.
• Art Exhibits
• Copy Machine
• Fax and Scanner
• Conference Space
• Notary Public
• Kilowatt Power Meter
• Dual Laser Infrared Thermometer
Hours and Locations
• Glocester Manton Library
• Harmony Library
The libraries are closed on Saturdays in July and August.
• Computer and Internet Access
• Free Wi-Fi
• Seven Apple iPads for Children
• Microsoft Office 2016
• Two Device Chargers for patron use
• Canon and HP scanner for documents and photos